About the company:
Coherent Solutions is a US based software product development and consulting company that solves client business problems by bringing together global expertise, innovation, and creativity to produce world-class technology solutions. The US-based delivery teams work side-by-side with 2000+ employees globally. North America headquarters reside in Minneapolis, US, with European locations in Bulgaria, Romania, Belarus, Ukraine, and Lithuania.
About The Role:
As Data Protection Officer you would be responsible for overseeing data protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with privacy requirements in our company. The main goal is to protect the personal data and privacy of EU/US prospects and customers, Job Applicants, and Company’s employees. The DPO must be able to ensure internal compliance and serve as a point of contact between the company and its internal teams, data subjects, and relevant supervisory authorities.While DPO isn’t personally liable for data protection compliance the individual in this role will play a crucial role in helping the Company fulfill its data protection obligations.
Your Essential Duties will include:
- Implement measures and a privacy governance framework to manage data use in compliance with the GDPR, including developing templates for data collection, and assisting with data mapping.
- Act as the primary point of contact within the organization for members of staff, regulators, and any relevant public bodies on issues related to data protection.
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities.
- Develop and implement the company’s privacy policies and processes in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable privacy legislations (e.g. CCPA, CPA etc.).
- Develop and execute relevant privacy compliance projects on Company level and local country-offices.
- Hold training with staff members across different business units who are involved in data handling or processing. Promote a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization.
- Maintain records of all data processing activities carried out by the company.
- Reviewing vendor and customer contracts and consents needed to deliver services and implement projects in partnership with the company’s Delivery Management, Information Security, and Information Technology functions, and ensuring filing requirements with local regulators are achieved.
- Conduct initial and regular security audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues and directions for improvement.
- Conduct initial and regular privacy risk analysis.
- Handle complaints or requests by the institutions and data subjects.
- Report any failure to comply with the GDPR or applicable data protection rules to company management.
- Stay up to date with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs).
The expertise and experience we are looking for would be:
- At least three years of experience working in data protection compliance or a related field.
- Experience playing DPO role in organization with offices in EU and USA.
- Expertise in European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- In-debt knowledge and expertise how to harmonize privacy processes between US-EU legislations.
- Experience within a legal, audit and/or risk function department.
- Basic IT knowledge and understanding in terms of data storage, retrieval and information security (The DPO will need to be able to discuss requirements and solutions confidently with IT staff).
- Strong project management skills.
- Holder of at least one Data Protection or Privacy professional certification – CIPP/E, CIPM or similar.
- Knowledge on CCPA, CPA would be considered as advantage
If this opportunity excites you, send us your resume!
Please, note, that we will consider all the applications with due respect, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Why joining Coherent Solutions?
Coherent Solutions is a stable growing company with more than 25 years of history. Our Sofia office has been opened in 2018. For every professional, we are ready to offer working conditions that will reveal your potential in the best possible way. Knowledge, personal skills and real work experience are the only criteria for evaluating candidates in our company.
Internal and external trainings
Different and challenging projects
International working environment and knowledge sharing
Conferences and events attendance
Management and other soft skills trainings
Additional Health Insurance
Corporate events and Team buildings
Dynamic and friendly work environment
Comfortable relax zones
Different group activities